So what is Lymph?
This is a very brief guide to lymphatic fluids & their role in maintaining your health
What do Lymphatic Fluids do? Their key role is to:
- Break down and destroy harmful substances (such as waste products, bacteria, viruses and cancer cells)
- Transport nutrients, vitamins and hormones throughout the body
- Strengthen the body’s immune system through the production of white blood cells
- Eliminate excess fluid from the tissues
In summary, the lymphatic system is a neat purification and drainage system and we need it to work effectively in order to stay healthy.
Lymph nodes (glands)
The lymph nodes are filtering stations for the body, removing toxic wasted products from the lymph fluid. When disease occurs, the lymph nodes become enlarged and sometimes painful.. The main lymph nodes are situated within the neck, armpits, abdomen and groin.
MLD can treat many symptoms:
- Eliminates toxic build-up and strengthens the immune system.
- Assists all pre- and post-cosmetic surgery by reducing the healing time, reducing the pain, bruising and swelling.
- Relieves many chronic conditions such as chronic sinusitis, chest infections and catarrh
- Relieves irritable Bowel Syndrome and constipation
- Reduces Arthritic and rheumatic pain
- Alleviates symptoms of ME
- Controls migraines
- Helps with skin disorders such as acne
- Helps reduce all forms of post-operative swelling
- Relieves stress, anxiety and tension
- Restores hormonal imbalances (puberty, pre- & post-pregnancy, menopause)
- Relieves fluid congestion, such as puffy eyes & face, swollen legs & ankles, Menstrual bloating and pregnancy fluid retention.